Snap Elections in Spain:
Commentary, Analysis, and Implications
by Ruy Scalamandré
1 August 2023
In this paper we discuss:
- How the PP and Feijóo had won the election, but don't have enough support for a governing coalition;
- The good performance of PSOE and Sumar;
- How Carles Puigdemont’s Junts por Catalunya could be decisive in forming government;
- That Vox suffered a punishment in the polls;
- How public debt, pension reform, and economic stagnation will be some of the most important challenges for the XV legislature.
- why uncertainty over who will govern remains, but the Spanish party system appears to be stabilising after years of turbulence.
Contact us to obtain the password to open the PDF
Download PDF: Spain Electinos - August 2023
Back to Research
Back to Homepage