Financial Warfare Against Russia: Stakes for Gulf Investors and Funds
by Gulf State Analytics
12 May 2022
In this paper we discuss:
- Why Gulf Arab states have not supported financial warfare against Russia as a response to the war in Ukraine.
- How Some GCC members’ relative neutrality in the Russian-Ukrainian conflict has fueled tension between Gulf Arab governments and Washington.
- Why Gulf Arab countries might seek to further diversify their investments across the world because of the asset freezes and sanctions against Russian businesses.
- How the prolongation of the Russian-Ukrainian war will pose difficult dilemmas for investors and funds in the GCC mindful of growing geopolitical bifurcation on the international stage.
- Why GCC-based sovereign wealth funds will likely embrace a long-term approach to Russia and their investments in the country.
Contact us to obtain the password to open the PDF
Back to Research
Back to Homepage