Coup d’État in Niger
The Military and ECOWAS’s Role As Contributing Factors?
by Marina Tovar I Velasco
9 August 2023
In this paper we discuss:
- The reasons behind the recent coup in Niger;
- Whether Western or other African countries will intervene militarily in Niger;
- The position of Burkina Faso and Mali in favour of the perpetrators of the coup;
- The central position of Niger as provider of uranium and crossroad for migrants on their way to Europe; and
- The wider geopolitical implications of the coup.
Contact us to obtain the password to open the PDF
Download PDF: Coup d’État in Niger- August 2023
Back to Research
Back to Homepage