Scholz’s Private Meeting with Biden: An Effort to Strengthen the Partnership?
by London Politica
22 March 2023
In this paper we discuss:
- The probable key issues discussed during the private meeting between the U.S. President Biden and the German Chancellor Scholz;
- The background of each issue and its effect on the bilateral relationship;
- Germany's decision to freeze the Nord Stream 2 project and to welcome 1m of Ukrainian refugees;
- The criticism Germany has received from its allies over its decisions on military aid to Ukraine; and
- The importance of continued collaboration between the U.S. and Germany.
Contact us to obtain the password to open the PDF
Download PDF: Biden and Scholz Meeting - 22Mar23
Back to Research
Back to Homepage