Why An Unsung Abe Will Be Greatly Missed
by John C. Hulsman
22 September 2020
In this paper we discuss:
- The successes and failures of Shinzo Abe in his 8 years as PM of Japan;
- Abe's foreign policy achievements: CPTPP and "Quad"
- The partial failure of Abenomics;
- The challenges Abe's successor Suga will face in coming months;
- Why Suga won't depart significantly from Abe's policy trajectory; and
- Why Suga might end up being just a place-holder PM until the next general election.
Contact us to obtain the password to open the PDF
Back to Research
Back to Homepage